Sunday, June 6, 2010

Lee, honey, we need to have a little talk.

Me to Phoebe: "What do you want your baby sister to be named?" (We don't know it's a girl, but Phoebe and I are both Very Hopeful it will be.)

Phoebe: "Ummm... Pollyanna!"

Me: "I'm not sure your mama would go for that. What's your second favorite?"

Phoebe: (after a good bit of deliberation) "Cleopatra."

Me: "CLEOPATRA?! What do you know about Cleopatra?"

Phoebe: "She was an English queen who was killed by Mark Anthony."

Me: "Marc Antony. And who on earth told you that?"

Phoebe: "Lee."

6 comments:

Emily said...

If Phoebe's baby sister is twin baby sisters, then the girls and boys among the cousins will be even, correct?

Kids' historical misconceptions are hilarious.

Lee and Phoebe are generally hilarious, come to think of it.

realmccoy said...

As the boy father I want to go on record and say I DID NOT TEACH HIM THAT-but intend on finding out who did!

John F. said...

Ummm, OK, so I'm a little out of the loop here. For the last five years, I've been missing out on one of the three fastest forms of communication. You know, telegraph, telephone, etc....

Actually, the telegraph was before my time, and the telephone hardly rings at home, and since I have no woman with whom to speak at length, I'm pretty much clueless now. :-)

All that aside, is this another adoption? Where and when?

And, if it's a girl, the name "Buttercup" should receive serious consideration.

Claire said...

Yes, you guys sure have tight lips sometimes. I haven't heard a thing about Phoebe's new sister (or brother). Fantastic!

Lisa Newell

(I was going to give a good name recommendation, but you just can't top Buttercup.)

Anonymous said...

Very excited about the new addition!!! :D I hadn't heard about this... Details?

Charlie said...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!