Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Wednesday's Word

"Blustery"

Now, what's the very first thing you think about in relation to "blustery"?

A Blustery Day in the Hundred Acre Wood, of course.

And not only do I like the sound of the word - blustery, blustery; it's fun to say, yes? - I love the association with Winnie the Pooh. Who doesn't?

I can just hear the narrator's voice, (aside: his name was Sebastian Cabot; isn't that a wonderfully British name?) in "The Many Adventures of Winnie-the-Pooh" saying "It was a Blustery Day in the Hundred Acre Wood..."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Delightful!

the H

Thumper said...

Haha soneone was asking me about butter at work yesterday and I said "I do like a little butter to my bread"


... that was when I knew I'd read the line at the bottom your page to many times ;)

Katie Larissa said...

That's great, Laura! :)