Thursday, September 24, 2009

I feel like a murderess.

Today, I ran over a bird.

Yeah. I know.

I was just driving down the road, minding my own business, when out of nowhere this bird swooped over the road and *thwack* - no more cute little birdie. Nope. Just a pile of feathers and some... other stuff.

I couldn't help it. It wasn't premeditated or deliberate or avoidable. It just happened.

That's the way life goes for birds, you know?

One moment they're soaring above the clouds; the next they're decorating the side of somebody's van with their... selves.

Someone please come mop up my tears. Or not. The floor probably needs to be cleaned anyway.

4 comments:

Cordelia said...

Katie! Shame on you. He should have a proper burial. The poor thing.

Amy said...

Look at it this way... you didn't kill it intentionally, and you weren't ANGRY either. So, Biblically, I don't think you killed it.

Katie Larissa said...

Courtney: Ummm... no. I certainly wasn't going to drive back and pick up the scattered pieces to give them a proper burial. Sorry.

Whitney said...

I have nightmares of killing innocent animal while driving. This just intensifies such a fear.
Great. Thanks. ;)

R.I.P. Poor little birdie