Thursday, September 17, 2009

My aura is definitely purple right now.

Taking purple nail polish off toenails is a headache of phenomenal dimensions.

Please do not look at my feet for the next two weeks, or however long it takes the dark rings to disappear. (and yes, I used a q-tip; also more smelly remover than I want to think about, and I seriously depleted Lowell's stash of cotton thingies. Sorry.)

Yes, mama. I know you didn't like the color from the beginning. Now you can rest in the assurance than it will never come within seven feet of my nails again.



p.s. Whoever can name the movie that the "a headache of phenomenal dimensions" quote comes from will receive a virtual chocolate chip cookie. You have probably watched it if you're one of my friends, but if by some wild stretch you haven't, you must come and see it with me, because I will use any excuse whatsoever to watch it again. It's that great.

6 comments:

Emily said...

Cranford, obviously. Miss Deborah Jenkyns. End of Part 2. Her last line in the movie, I believe.

I hope you have a lot of those virtual chocolate chip cookies, because how many people can't answer that question? But I was the first, HA!

Gurtrude said...

I shall find it hard not to look at your feet. I always stare at peoples' feet.

Katie Larissa said...

Emily, I knew you would get it right away. You're just that Sort of Person. Which is a very good thing.

Amy said...

I haven't seen Cranford yet! We own it... but we aren't very good at watching sements. We have to watch all 6 hours. Thus, the delay.

I'm guessing your toes look like they had some kind of fungus, no?

Katie Larissa said...

Amy: I sympathize. My family hates to watch things in segments, too, but we're also really bad at all getting together to do something long, like watch Cranford, without conflict interfering. Miracle of miracles, both of my sisters and my mama and I all had a free evening a few months ago, so we watched it. Good luck!

My toes... yes, you summed up their look very well. Extremely attractive, I assure you.

beatrice said...

haha, it had never even occured to me to watch a mini-series in segments! i guess that's the logical way to do it, though. huh. how had i not thought of that?!