Friday, July 8, 2011

Why, yes. I am.

As soon as i staggered off the plane in Amsterdam, backpack, violin case, and my pillow-that-i-couldn't-imagine-spending-three-months-without in tow, I made my way to the closest information desk and had the following enlightening conversation:

Me: "Excuse me, could you kindly tell me where the Starbucks is?" (Amsterdam airport is large, and my need was great.)

Lady at desk: "Around that corner, to the left, and all the way down."

Me: "Thank you. And can you also tell me where McDonald's is?"

Lady at desk: ::pause:: "You're American, aren't you?"

5 comments:

realmccoy said...

That's my girl! You're darn right I am!!!!

Thumper said...

That's right. Only americans would ask for a Starbucks AND a McDonald's :D

Anna Elizabeth said...

i'm glad your home.... i'm wearing my beautiful new earings. thanks so much katie!

Anonymous said...

Haha! "Neeeed....french fries...."

Catherine

Amber Noella said...

You should post some pictures!!! How was your time? :)