Monday, April 12, 2010

my brain is dead. almost. and it still has a tremendous amount of work to do.

I want to walk through a wardrobe into Narnia and have tea with Mr. Tumnus.

I want to dance at a Meryton Assembly with the Bennet sisters.

I'd like to go strawberrying with Frodo...

or cross a river with my clothes in a bundle on my head like Caddie Woodlawn.

I want to spend an afternoon with Sherlock Holmes, smelling his pipe tobacco and being astounded at his genius.

I wish I could go ice-skating with Jo and Laurie, (but not fall in and nearly freeze to death.)

I'd enjoy playing baseball with Charlie Brown and Lucy and Snoopy and Linus, (he's my favorite,) because they're no good at baseball either, and I might actually have fun instead of feeling like a fool. (In case you didn't know, I'm horrible at sports. Especially sports that involve balls. Oh, wait - that's every sport, pretty much.)

I want to go on a picnic on the Big Hill with Betsy, Tacy, and Tib, pretending all the while that we're riding on the clouds.

I want to go sleuthing with Nancy Drew, wearing the same kind of awesome clothes she has, (and which the books describe in full, making me terribly jealous,) get into a super scary situation, unrealistically escape by the skin of our teeth, solve the mind boggling mystery and get the unique reward she always receives. (Because she never accepts money for her solutions. Because she's rich.)

Good grief, I'd even like to pay a visit to Miss Bates with Emma, because...

I'D RATHER BE ANYWHERE ELSE THAN SITTING AT THIS COMPUTER, WRITING THIS TWELVE PAGE THESIS PAPER!!

okay. enough. you get the picture.

i can go back to writing. stopping. checking reference. adding footnote. adjusting footnote. writing. erasing whole sentence. write some more. another footnote. add a quote from somebody wise who cares a lot more than i do. plus, long quotes take up space, which is good, because DID I MENTION THIS PAPER IS TWELVE PAGES LONG?

well, it is.

the end.

7 comments:

Catherine said...

I sorry.

Amber Noella said...

Well, at least your sense of humor is alive and well! And I know your pain; although maybe not the 12-pages-of-thesis type of thing, but still, I think I know. It's hard for me to offer any advice considering I have a similar thing due this week, but God is faithful.

Jacob said...

Hmm. You shouldn't be on the internet while you're supposed to be working, now should we?
I think I'll get as close as I can to the Tea with Mr Tumnus part right now.

Cordelia said...

A 12 page paper due this Friday, yet you're writing this post?

Ha, stop complaining! Suck it up, Miss Senior.

Did I mention I only have to write 7 pages? ;)

Anonymous said...

you know, i think I'd like to be running all over the plains of Rohan with Aragorn,Legolas and Gimli.

the H

Emily said...

I can't believe you missed wandering around Avonlea looking for kindred spirits with Anne.

Katie said...

Em: I was too brain dead to think of it.