Thursday, September 30, 2010

auf wiedersehen!

Two of my best gal pals are headed off into a whole new phase of life in the next week or so, one of them moving to Texas for a few months and the other settling in Virginia for the foreseeable future. Being the great friend I am, I wanted to find a sweet, meaningful, inspirational blessing for them.

You can only imagine how delighted I was when I stumbled across the following Irish gem:


May the frost never afflict your spuds.
May the leaves of your cabbage always be free from worms.
May the crows never pick your haystack.
If you inherit a donkey, may she be in foal.


Hannah and Eleanor, this pretty much sums up exactly what I want for y'all. 'Cause I just know how much your cabbage means to you both, and goodness knows, if someone is precious enough to give either of you a donkey, you surely will want to continue growing your herd ASAP.

Seriously, though, I'm gonna miss you both.

Be good, look both ways before you cross the street, don't forget to brush your teeth before you go to bed every night, eat your green veggies, say "thank you" and "excuse me," make up your beds in the morning, don't pick your noses in public, and be sure to charge your cell phone batteries faithfully.

Love y'all!

6 comments:

Amber Noella said...

haha, love this!

Hannah said...

Awww, thanks.

The "Irish gem" made me laugh. You know how I feel about my spuds. And the making of the beds reminder is definitely applicable.

Love you, my dear.

elliebird said...

yer presh.

i really hope i inherit that donkey soon. my herd is dwindling.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure they'll remember not to pick their noses in public, Katie. :)

the H

Jacob said...

(Obscure question) could you send me the HTML for the CharityWater widgit?

realmccoy said...

Girls, as a husband of one wife and the caretaker of other beautiful women, do indeed take time to remember those cell phone batteries--and just keep the phone on at least half the time for pete's sake!:)

My favorite Irish Blessing:

May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

The rains fall soft upon your fields and,

Until we meet again,

May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Blessings to you both.