Sunday, September 26, 2010

Did you know...

... women in France don't shave under their arms.

... once when I was two I ate my sister's deodorant.

Those two facts were unrelated in my mind, believe it or not; I didn't set them down side by side on purpose. Oh, the beauty of irony!

... Isaiah is my favorite book in the Bible.

... I don't like milk. I can't drink it without thinking about exactly where it comes from - and that's just gross.

... I have now reached what is quite possibly the peak of homeschooler syndrome. I am friends on Facebook with Dr. Grant. Oh, yes.

... it's easy to love an ideal, thinking that you're loving reality. But be careful, because there's a good chance you aren't.

... diamonds aren't really me. I admire them, but I don't feel at home with them.

... I despise, abominate, and abhor chrysanthemums. They're so stiff and fake.

... I know how to spell "chrysanthemum" because of watching "Anne of Green Gables" so very many times. Who says movies aren't educational?

... I have an affinity for swings.

... I absolutely hate it when businesses spell things the way they sound, but not at all the way they are. "Kwick Kash," anyone?

... when I am completely stuck in the middle of a math problem, I go and play the violin for ten minutes and it clears my brain wondrously. Do you think they'll let me bring my violin to the ACT?

... I get ferocious, killer butterflies in my stomach when I think of my violin audition for Ole Miss this coming Spring.

... I was named Larissa for my first cousin, Robin Larissa, who dreamed that Mama was expecting a girl - before Mama and Daddy told anyone that she was pregnant. The rest of Robin's dream was that she kidnapped the baby and took her to live at college with her. So, while the dream was only partly prophetic, it was enough to have Mama and Daddy name me for Robin, and I'm glad, 'cause I like the name Larissa. However, I'm somewhat ashamed to report that I didn't know for sure whether it was spelled with one R or two R's until I was ten. Yeah.

... I carry a blanket with me to church. Yes, seeing me swaddled up to my chin in a down-filled blanket probably provides a good deal of amusement for various and sundry people, but all I can say is that they obviously aren't cold natured, or they would totally understand.

... I like pickles.

... I don't like spiders. What? Oh, you already knew that? Well, now you have been reminded.

... this post didn't really have a purpose.

No kidding, Katie! Really?? I would've never, ever figured that out!

Oh, hush. Why don't you run up an alley and holler fish?

8 comments:

Emily said...

~I knew about the deodorant. Ha!

~I didn't know about the French women. Gross. Thanks for sharing.

~I love Isaiah.

~What on earth is this homeschool syndrome everyone keeps talking about?

~I don't understand people who don't like milk. Good grief, you eat cheese, don't you?

~If you knew what I wanted to say and didn't, you'd give me some credit.

~With you on the diamonds. My mamma thinks I'm weird.

~I like mums, if they're tiny and cute enough to shorten the name.

~I nearly froze in church today and I wouldn't use the blanket I knew I had in the car because it would look weird. I need to stop caring about other people's opinions.

~If you write list posts, you get list comments.

Katie Larissa said...

I like list anythings.

I like you.

don't let yourself care what people think. not freezing is more important.

cheese is solid. doesn't bring to mind ::whispers:: udders.

i don't even like mums.

Lolly said...

Okay, the milk thing is just weird - you remind me of the older sister in Cranford with your "whispers" of where it comes from. and, how can we possibly hush AND run up the alley and holler fish?

Anonymous said...

I like pickles too...but I feel very at home with diamonds!

Anonymous said...

wow.
-Catherine

Cordelia said...

Dr. G? FRIENDS with him? Really, Katie? (By the way, being a fan of him/"liking" him on FB, is much, much different. And it's okay.)

Isaiah is definitely one of my favorites!

"Chrysanthemum: C-h-r-y-s-a-n-t-h-E-m-u-m!" :)

You'll do wonderfully in your audition for Ole Miss.

I hate pickles.

This was random. You're random. I'm random. Reason #537 why I love you.

Katie Larissa said...

Nope, I'm not just a fan of him, I'm his friend.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE pickles. And I don't really love diamonds. I like moonstones.

The H