Thursday, January 27, 2011

This is not a paid advertisement.

I love Home Depot.

No, really. I'm serious, people.

I love looking at the awesome lights - rows and rows of them! - the sleek sinks, the windows, the flower pots, the gorgeous paint colors, (all tastefully presented for you to admire,) and just... the everything. Because Home Depot has almost everything you can imagine of that ilk. (Except for the particular hanging basket I need, but it's okay. I forgive them.)

And the employees. I adore them.

They're so patient, so interested, so earnestly helpful. It makes me want to work there, just so I can be wonderful along side them! (only, I know zero about building. that might be a leetle problem.)

They don't look at me like I'm stupid and ignorant and totally wasting their time with my questions. Unlike some store's employees. (yes, i'm looking at you, office max. just because i identify the ink cartridge i need by the picture on the front and get thrown for a loop when you go and change the picture on me, doesn't mean you have to look down your more-than-ample nose at me.)

Plus, the smell. Be still my beating heart. I purposefully wander around near the lumber section, not because I need anything connected with lumber, but because the smell of freshly sawed wood makes my whole body twitch with happiness. And it makes me think of stalking Daddy while he was doing a project, of him with his worn, bulging tool belt and his ability to fix or build anything. Literally. If he didn't know, he figured a new way out.



"Can I help you with anything, ma'am?"

"No, I'm just enjoying the smell of the wood."
"I completely understand. Let me know if you decide you need anything, and enjoy yourself!"

Definitely my kind of store.

3 comments:

Amber Noella said...

Ha! What an awesome, good kind of laugh. I love your blog. =)

Emily said...

ooh, I love the fresh lumber smell too. It reminds me of my papaw's workroom when he was building his house.

We should make a home depot date. I have paint colours to pick out.

Anonymous said...

I like Home Depot...oh and Lowe's and Scruggs!!!
Ok,now I am excited.
Catherine