Saturday, January 22, 2011

Precocious. Enthusiastic. Energetic. Charming. Bossy.

Charlie is almost exactly like I was at her age. It's a bit terrifying, actually.

And her favorite thing to do is something I did for, oh, years and years - narrating her life. Every move she makes, every step she takes, fits into the grand Charlie Story.

For instance:

"And then Charlie bounced across the hilltop to join her friends, KK and Marmee. Charlie hugged them both and said 'Aren't you glad I'm here?'"


Yes, Charlie. We are.

"Then she ran into the other room and left them all alone. Charlie could hear them saying, 'Come back! Come back!' but she stayed away."


"Then she ran back in. 'Charlie's back!' she said. KK was sooo happy to see her!"


Yes, m'love, I am. It's like seeing myself again in the most fun years of all.

(Seriously, do y'all know how much fun it is to play under the table? I had just about forgotten the pure excitement of hiding from lions while squeezed in between rows of chairs.)

2 comments:

Amber Noella said...

haha! this is awesome.

Anonymous said...

aren't nieces and nephews the best? :)