Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Fine Art of Using Nosespray:

Firstly, it is a fine art.

Secondly, I am a complete failure at it.

::First night with clogged head:: Squirt the nosespray very, very gently. So gently, in fact, that none comes out, thereby doing zero good.

Realize that bravery is essential. Tip head back, give a sound squeeze of the bottle and a ferocious snort of the nose at the same time. Cough and choke and splutter, since a copious amount of the spray went through the nose and down the back of the throat.

Drink lots of juice and water and tea, hoping to get the burning ache in the back of throat to go away. You won't succeed, but try anyway.

::Second night:: Repeat the above, except it will be on the third try instead of the second that you snort the spray too far, thereby rendering the go-to-sleep-with-a-stuffed-head-a-cough-and-a-sore-throat process much more difficult.

Vow within yourself to take vitamins diligently from now to the end of time.

5 comments:

Amber Noella said...

Haha! This is so me!!

Julia'sponderings said...

I'll make you take your vitamins if you'll make me take mine.

Anonymous said...

Hope you get better soon!


I have never heard of nose spray...are you sure you're doing it right?


Catherine

Amy said...

The words "ferocious snort" made me laugh heartily! Then I tried to mimic the sound you probably made.

Katie Larissa said...

Amy, you always make me laugh. thank you.