Sunday, April 3, 2011

the way it began.

today is Phoebe's Gotcha Day. For those unfortunate people who don't have adopted family and need explanation, your Gotcha Day is simply the day you come to live with your forever family.

Six years ago today, a long, thin, strong willed, beautiful baby was placed in Anna's arms.

To say she has changed all of our lives would be such an understatement.

Phoebe, (because you're reading this; because you can read now!!) I love you so much. You're not only my first niece, you're the first reason I began to love Ethiopia.

Now I'm going to live there for a while - live where you were born. I'm excited. And I'm thankful. Thankful that God knew exactly when you should come into our lives, thankful that He put you in our family, thankful that I get this chance to live in your Birth Country for a while.

Happy Gotcha Day, my dearest.





::eight days now::

2 comments:

Jean Marie said...

Happy Gotcha Day Phoebe, from a friend of Katie's!!! :)

Sweet Betsin bird....it's such a wonder to me how God moves, you are going to Ethiopia!! I hope (and pray much!!) that God uses you to bless the people there, and bless you very much in return....are you still planning to blog?

love you,
~ Tacin bird

p.s. I am a little jealous. :) when I first read you were going, my little heart went pitter-pat. :)

Anonymous said...

This made me cry. Love it. So thankful to have you around, Phoebe!!! :D