Sunday, June 28, 2009

"Every day we may discover some new thing in Christ. His love hath neither brim nor bottom."
-Samuel Rutherford

These words have not stopped encouraging and amazing me since I read them for the first time three years ago. What greater knowledge can the believer have than knowing that Christ's love will never run dry, and that no matter how long our earthly walk is, we will never cease to turn new corners in our experience of who Jesus is?

I find that this phrase also burdens me for the souls of the lost who have no sweet knowledge of this love, and who are content to wander aimlessly without the greatest Lover of all. We are commanded, as followers of Christ Jesus, to not only grow closer to Him, but to tell others of the beauties of our Saviour. And more meaningful than just talking about what Christ has done for us is to live on Him, so that every area comes under the dominion of Jesus.

Believe me, writing this is so much easier for me to do than actually living what I write. But, oh, how grateful I am for the never-ceasing fountain of grace in Christ! He doesn't ask us to do anything without providing more than enough strength and grace, so let us be encouraged to honor our Lord by living as if and truly believing that He is sufficient for us, no matter what the personal cost may be.

No comments: