Saturday, October 17, 2009

East, West, Home is Best!

~From my recent excursion into the wild blue yonder~

1. Gas station coffee is never, ever a good idea.
2. Laura gets really hyper and excited when she consumes her first sugar in three months.
3. Amarillo by morning is overrated.
4. Wilderado is a town? Is there a Tamerado?
5. All the trees in Texas look permanently windblown and sickly.
6. New Mexico? Yeah, I would totally move there just for the gorgeous clouds.
7. Sticking your head out of the sunroof at 80 m.p.h. results in really tangled hair.
8. Spanish rap should never have been invented. Period. End of story.
9. I looove Santa Fe, and mostly I love all the shopping in Santa Fe.
10. Flattery has never ceased to ring my bell. "Oh, Mr. Jewelry Seller, you think these earrings look beautiful with my hair? Okay, I'll take them!"
11. Trey gets ridiculously excited about roughing it for five days in the cold mountains and trying to slay happy elk who probably have nice families.
12. Yep. I do love the mountains.
13. There is a really good reason Garden of the Gods is called Garden of the Gods. It's amazing.
14. If you hide in a large wardrobe and jump out at Laura as she walks by, she will scream and howl and come really close to passing out and killing you at the same time.
15. If I lived in Kansas, I would welcome a tornado to blow me away to Oz.
16. I hate the smell of public restroom soap. It smells strong and chemically and gross.
17. Actually, I hate public restrooms altogether.
18. Brushing teeth in a gas station bathroom is a blast. A dirty blast.
19. Traveling is wonderful.
20. But home is more wonderful still.

6 comments:

Heather Brandon said...

#17 skip the public restroom altogether. When we were coming home from John Yerby's wedding for our first get away alone in 15 years, we caravaned with Matt & Meg. Meg will find the nicest restaurant closest to the exit. Is that illegal?

Katie Larissa said...

Not illegal, but unfortunately you can't find gas at a nice restaurant and men don't usually want to stop twice.

Anonymous said...

Love the post.

Lolly said...

Made me laugh, as always, except the part about you scaring me - that was NOT funny!

beatrice said...

aaaaahhhh santa fe is the best! not so much the shopping for me, but the arts community there is amazing. i went there on a painting trip once with a bunch of other painters and we had the best time sitting on the sides of mountains painting monastaries and chapels.

Katie Larissa said...

B: I would love to go back some time to soak up all the art and do a little painting of my own, but when you have one day and two small boys... well, you get the picture.