Monday, October 26, 2009

Why, yes. He really is that goofy.


Dear Jody,

Happy, happy Birthday.

I am so incredibly glad that you live near enough now that we can celebrate our birthdays together. Glad that you no longer rope broncos and handle saber tooth tiger skulls in Texas, or sail the bounding billows in a ship ever so far away from Mississippi, or live on the eighth floor of an apartment in Memphis with a dog named Remus, or in Jackson, TN with every possibility of being blown away by a tornado at any moment, or in Kentucky overseeing the needs and disobediences of a group of Radio Shacks, but that instead, you live right in New Albany where we can stop by any time, and you can run see us any time. Or, well, almost any time. Actually, more like when the stars are properly aligned.

Anyway, here's hoping you have a happy day... I never cease to enjoy the knowledge that I was born just one day after your 16th birthday. Talk about an amazing birthday present! :) You're one of the best big brothers a gal could ever have.

I love you.

- Little Sister

2 comments:

Joseph said...

That is one of the coolest things anyone has ever done! Thanks for finding the most flattering picture you could, by the way...

Katie, I am so happy to be here near you and Mama and Anna and Anne Marie and Laura and every other member of this oh-so-wonderful family we belong to.

Glad you're my sister.

Jacob said...

I like the look!
Even though....When I looked at the pic. the first thing I thought of was "Food Network."