Saturday, February 13, 2010

Love is what makes the world go 'round.

I love:



~lists (in case you hadn't noticed that forever ago)

~happily ever afters (they're so fulfilling)

~Elizabeth Barrett Browning's "Sonnets from the Portuguese"

~skittles


~brushing my teeth (oh, that wonderfully clean sensation)

~"brown eyed girl" by Van Morrison (Daddy used to sing the chorus to me)

~x's and o's (xoxoxoxoxoxoxo... see? they're so much fun!)

~canceled school days (let's hear it for snow!)

~antique linens

~raspberries (ruby red, tangy sweet... need I say more?)

~my new raincoat

~mama's fabulous strawberry shortcake (you'll hear more about that tomorrow)

~brown, battered packages in the mail (what suspense! what delight!)

~laaaate night talks in the dark with best friends

~The GHOST and Mr. CHICKEN

~napping on the roof in the sunshine

~suntans

~lighted lamps (they create warm pools of light all around the house, and it's oh-so-charming)

~"IF" by Amy Carmichael (you need to own a copy of this. it will encourage, convict, and help you grow.)

~looking at music notes (the way they jump up and slide quickly down, the way the black dots twinkle at me, the wonder of knowing that those small things are symbols for breathtaking sound - it all brings delight)

~splashing in the puddles with bare feet

~homemade valentines


~teacups of every shape, size, and pattern


~scented
soap

~reading my Bible in the morning in front of the fire

~daffodils

~being done with my poetry assignment (wow. i really hate writing poems)

~seeing the surprised, slightly scornful look on the carousal's in-charge-person's face when I come up alone and order a ticket just for me

~lollipops

~WORDS (aren't they amazing? aren't you glad we have them?)

~gut-wrenching laughter

~summer (i miss you, my dear. please, please bring your warmness and happiness back)

~freshly cut hay, lying in piles or woven miraculously together in sweet smelling bales





These
are only a few of the many little things that make my life so sweet.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I love:

kindred spirits

blogs written by kindred spirits

delightful posts on blogs written by kindred spirits

leaving comments on delightful posts on blogs written by kindred spirits

Cordelia said...

I second that, Emily! :)

Catherine said...

Wow,you like a lot of the same stuff I like...Except hay...Andrew and I played in it most of the summer,and were itchy for the rest of it.