Wednesday, July 21, 2010

you might not want to waste your brain cells on this one.

Today feels like a List sort of day. Don't you have those sometimes? You know, where things just seem to fall into nice, well defined rows, whether they be good, bad, or just plain boring.

With no further ado...

1. I can hold an inordinate amount of spit in my mouth for forty five minutes.

2. You really don't want to know how I know that for sure. And I sure don't intend to tell you.

3. Fingernail polish makes me happy. It makes everything I do with my hands a little bit more fun... even cleaning the bathroom and changing diapers. No, really! It does!

4. I'd like to say that I got up at sunrise and cleaned house and did lots of Useful Things before breakfast, but that would be a lie.

5. About a week ago, I made homemade french bread. The recipe said to let it rise for an hour. Four hours later, it hadn't budged an inch. To say that after baking it was dense enough to kill a dog if wielded with the right force would be an understatement.

6. Apparently, when the recipe says "hot water" it means "pretty warm water" not "straight-out-of-the-kettle boiling water." Really hot water kills the yeast. (stop laughing at me, sis. diane.)

7. I'm very grateful for Kroger's invaluable service to mankind through their bread making industry.

8. Gelato. is. amazing. How will I ever be content with plain ole' hum drum icecream again?

9. I'm growing my bangs out, slowly but surely. Whoever invented bangs in the first place I would gladly banish to the bottom of the sea right about now.

10. Don't get me wrong, I like bangs.

11. They just hate you for growing them back out and punish you by making life miserable where hair is concerned.

12. From Fiddler on the Roof: Tzeitel: "But Mama, the men our matchmaker finds! The last one was so old and he was bald. He had no hair."
Golde: "A poor girl without a dowry can't be so particular. You want hair, marry a monkey."


I'm going to say that from now on to any girl who complains about a boy's obvious propensity to lose hair. "You want hair, marry a monkey!"

13. Although personally, I like a good head of hair on my man.

Ummm...

my future man.

14. If y'all are wishing this list would shrivel up into dust and go back from whence it came, you have my full permission to stop reading. I ain't done yet.

15. One more Fiddler on the Roof quote: Tzietel: "But even a poor girl has to look at her husband sometime!" Golde: "A husband is not to look at, a husband is to get!"

I'm really glad she's not my mother.

And that I don't live in the early nineteen hundreds, or in any time, when they had horrid arranged marriages. Ugh.

16. I love geraniums. More than roses. So there.

17. Caroline is coming tonight, and I'm Quite Excited. Of course we'll be in bed and fast asleep by 9:00 every night. Ha.



18. She might not love this picture of herself. But it's so cute that I'm putting it up anyway. Incidentally, she's really good at making homemade popcorn balls.

19. I'm going to end this interestingly boring and totally random list on an odd number. Deal with it.

6 comments:

Jacob said...

I thoght ove several reasons no to reed this, but by the time I reeched the bottom, I couldn't remeber 1 ove them.
Then agin, maeby I had nuthing to lose.

Thumper said...

"as the good book says..."

Hannah said...

"Although personally, I like a good head of hair on my man.

Ummm...

my future man."

I laugh.

Emily said...

This comment feels like a List sort of comment:
5.I want homemade French bread recipe. Now.
6.I knew that. Because I'm Extra Smart. When you think about it, it's kinda bizarre to cook with something that isn't already dead.
9, 10, & 11.My mama got bangs once. Later she got tired of them and grew them out. This is why I will never have them.
12&15.I ridiculously love Fiddler on the Roof.
13.Nice basic requirement. Monkeys are cute.
18.Save some homemade popcorn balls for me. And some gelato for that matter.

There was more I wanted to say, but I thought you might not want to waste your brain cells on any more :).

Anonymous said...

Ellen: "Pride and Prejudice and Fiddler on the Roof are over rated."
Hannah: "go to bed!"
Momma: "get out."
:) :)

the H

Lolly said...

Uh, Sis. Dianne wasn't the only one laughing at you. Although, I've ruined so many batches of bread-like substances, I really don't have room to laugh.