Saturday, December 12, 2009

Electricity is pretty great.

Trey started putting a new light in my bathroom today. But the wiring was somehow off, and he had to leave for Texas, so he went ahead and left before he finished, leaving wires hanging out and the breaker off, because we didn't really want to be blown to bits by the naked wires. (As much fun as that would be.) Problem is, the breaker, (or whatever it's called - electrician I'm certainly not -) which connects to the bathroom light also connects to my bedroom light. As in, there's no electricity in my bedroom either.

I have forgotten and flipped that stupid, lifeless light switch thirty times today, expecting a burst of light and getting... nothing. Blank. Continued darkness.

Which is really inconvenient when you're trying to get ready. It wouldn't be a big deal if there was another place I could easily go and get ready. But we're re-painting and re-flooring rooms upstairs and down, and the rooms which aren't taken apart for re-doing are holding the contents of those rooms. It's a madhouse.

So, tonight, I go into my room and think, "Well, I can certainly blow my hair dry in the dark."

::click my hairdryer::

::nothing::

Oh, right, the electricity being out means the plug-ins don't work either. I knew that. Totally.

Into the guest bathroom I go, carrying my hairdryer and ignoring the half-put down floor and all the dust. Wait, I forgot my round brush. Back to my bedroom. Stub my toe on the pile of books in front of my dresser from Mama's bedroom, which I can't see because the room is blackness. Back to the bathroom. Ooops, forgot my diffuser. (If you're a guy, you're totally not getting this. You should probably stop reading.) Back to my bedroom. Hey, it's dark in here! I can't find my diffuser. I'll just turn the light on and...

Nothing.

4 comments:

realmccoy said...

For the record there was nothing wrong with the wireing and I didn't just leave it for you to wander around in the dark.
You mother wanted me to stop so she could sand and repaint the sheetrock. She said she would get Nathan to finish it and I even discussed it with him. So get your facts straight next time girl!:)

Katie Larissa said...

Well, you left it and he didn't do it. Those are the only facts I know. And it's dark. I'm alone, in the dark. Aren't you 'shamed o' yourself?

Gurtrude said...

Do you have a window in your room?

Katie Larissa said...

Yes, but it was night time. No help there.