Saturday, December 5, 2009

She Walks in Beauty. (sometimes, Byron had it right.)

Well. There are times when words run short even for me. Yeah, I know. It's hard to believe about a Strevel woman. But this is one of those times.

Tomorrow is Mama's birthday. And I would like to go on and on about her - about how much I love her, about how precious our relationship is, how wonderful an example she is to me every single day, how she makes this house a real home, how she has a tremendous store of love and patience for her children. I know she wouldn't really like that, though, and frankly, when you feel oh-so-much for someone, it's difficult to say it as well as you'd like. I don't know why. But there it is.

Mama, you are really, really wonderful. And much more wonderful than you is Christ in you, and I am daily thankful that God has, in His infinite wisdom and kindness, allowed us to grow together in Him.

I love you.

Happy birthday.

3 comments:

mamsie--towgyb said...

What a sweet birthday-surprise, just a few hours early...Indeed, no mother has ever been loved more..no woman has ever been more blessed...and ditto on the 'I love you' mamsie

Jean Marie said...

Happy Birthday to Momma of Katie!!!! :D Many, many blessings upon this year of life....coming to see and realize the joy of trusting Christ, and the preciousness you are to Him as His beloved child.

Emily said...

Happy birthday, Mrs Kathy!! We love you!!