Wednesday, December 16, 2009

This Post is Lovingly Dedicated to Dr. Grant and his Fabulous Mid-terms



It's over.

I'm alive. And as sane as I've ever been.

Which isn't saying much, I grant you.

(Okay, don't take that picture as an indication of my sanity. I just thought the toothbrush holder was so dadgum ugly. And I was dressed like that on purpose, as you'll discover if you keep reading.)



After it was over, in heady celebration, Julia, Ellie and I dressed crazily and went to Wal-Mart and ran around taking silly pictures... actually, I was getting stocking stuffers, too, so we weren't there without a purpose. Right.

We had lots of fun, (Ellie and I did a little skit for Julia - you'll see us on Broadway any day now,) and we ate lots of food, and mostly we rejoiced that we would never, ever, ever have to take another Gileskirk mid-term or final. If we can keep an A average, because we're seniors. Not taking the final is a BIG motivation for keeping grades up, let me tell you. I'll let you know how that goes. Maybe.

Anyhow, it's over. For good. Hopefully. I'm grateful for the ability to learn, and I'm grateful for a mama who cares enough about the right things to remind me that what I put down on a paper test isn't the most important thing in the world.


Sword fighting in Wal-Mart is awesome. Julia really got into it, as you can tell.




P.S. I don't know why i look so... red in that first picture. I wasn't madly embarrassed or anything, so apparently the lighting in Wal-Mart isn't conducive to photo shoots. For good reason, I suppose. Else everyone in the whole wide world would want to have their family portraits, senior sessions, engagement shoots, etc. in Wal-Mart. 'Cause the decor is so great.

p.p.s. Ellie and I now know how to spell "rhythm"very confidently. We had one of those blank moments when we couldn't for the life of us remember how to spell it. It is a kinda tricky spelling, but it can't confuse us anymore! Ho, no. We are the rhythm spelling queens.

15 comments:

realmccoy said...

Was that the Wal-Mart in Ripley? If so I bet ya'll gave them quite a show.
Btw, what's with the name change?

Katie Larissa said...

Yeah, Wal-Mart in Ripley. We saw two people we knew, but we managed by hook and crook to avoid them.

I never loved the name simple pleasures; I only used it because it was in the Anne quote, but then I realized that "pearls slipping off a string" was also there, and I liked it way better. It sounds more like me, I think.

Emily said...

WOW. You look . . . wild. And how did you pick out which toothbrush holder was the dadgum ugliest? They all look ugly to me.
I like the new name.

Katie Larissa said...

Well, Emily, I don't like butterfly decoration much to begin with, and they were so big, and so pastel... but the pineapple ones were pretty bad, too.

Gurtrude said...

You look REALLY weird! .....maybe we can do that sometime :)

Cordelia said...

Cute. And I love the new name. It IS very you. :) And...

I'M FINISHED TOO!!!!!!!!

Katie Larissa said...

C: WOOOHOOO!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I had two questions reading this post.
One was answered, did you see anyone you knew? 8-0

#2 How did you slip out the door past your momma in that?

Katie Larissa said...

Well, before I answer, who on earth are you?

Actually, I'll go ahead and answer. The outfits weren't indecent; they were just crazy.

And just to all in general - when writing under anonymous, (which I have up for the benefit of those without blogger identification,) please sign your name.

Jean Marie said...

IT was not me, Betsy-Tacin...although if you WERE Betsy-Tacin, Mamma would never have let you out the door looking like Hubert Humphreys...EVER...Margaret would've stared and Julia would have said "Honestly, Betsy!!!". HAhahahaha...but I love that you went a little crazy, and I LOVE seeing what you look like. :D And your friend's polka dotted red top is ADORABLE...and you look kind of ... Scottish? Wearing that skort/trousers.

I think the reason your friend might have won in the sword fight is because you were a'holdin' valuables in your other arm. :)

I'm glad your tests are done, and that you are still alive. VERY. :D I heart you, dear Betsy-Tacin.

~ Tacy Betsin

Katie Larissa said...

Oh, no, no, no. Tacy-Betsin, I do not look like that! It was a no-makeup time, and... okay, I feel rather superficial defending my looks on the internet, but - oh, well. Just go with the flow, I suppose.

elliebird said...

that was quite a time. i love that it was your idea, and you got mad at me because you didn't want to do it...and then you were the one freaking out about meeting people we knew. :)

beatrice said...

wait... um... i would SO wear that outfit. in public. on purpose. cause i think it's cute.


haha my word verification is "apealin" just like me.

Katie Larissa said...

Well, Beatrice, it started out as us wearing cute costumes we would wear if we had the fashion guts, but went downhill from there.

Catherine said...

Wow,and um...wow.
Had fun at your house,and I do just love my calender.