Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Garrallumpphhh phupph?

My dentist expects marvelous things out of his patients. He apparently thinks that you should be able to respond clearly and comprehensibly to multitudes of questions hurled by a man in a white coat with funny glasses, all while, (and here's the clincher,) you have a mirror device, a sharp cleaning tool, and half a gloved hand crammed into your mouth. I mean, come on! I'm not Houdini of the mouth, doctor dentist!

So, please don't ask me questions about standardized tests for homeschoolers, how I discipline myself to get my schoolwork done on time, how my brother-in-law, grandmother, or any other family member who gets their dental work done by your office is feeling, what I intend to do after graduation, or what my political views are. Because I kind of have your hand up my throat, and my lips are being stretched to the breaking point, since you insert between questions, "Open wider, now! That's good! No, a little wider! There we go! Ooops, your mouth slipped - can we open just a little wider?"

Firstly, we? I'm sorry, did I miss something?

And secondly, this right here is why I haven't been to see you in ten months instead of six.

So, how 'bout holding off on the questions til I can swallow my spit and actually make coherent words instead of "gurgle, gurgle, grummpphh. Hmmmm? Mmmmhmmm. Gruefffelgrufflehannel."

Because I really don't like straining my grunting muscles to answer unnecessary questions.

Thank you.

No comments: