Tuesday, July 7, 2009

HAIRSPRAY!!! ('cept without the spray)

My darlin' niece, Phoebe, has amazing hair. I really, really love her hair. It's so vibrant and fluffy and curly and dark... everything mine isn't. She puts the meaning back in "there was a little girl who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead." (In more ways than one, if you are familiar with the rest of the rhyme and with Phoebe.)

But I have to admit, I love her hair most when it is crazily, terrifically messy. Because it doesn't just look matted, tangled messy. It's molded into cool shapes and designs - ones that you could probably never make your hair do, no matter how hard you tried.

So, a few weeks ago, she got her hair braided. (It took three hours and much patience on the part of the hairdresser and her mama.) Then came the fun part, because after a week and a half, the braids had to come down. And, oh, the beauty of her hair after all the miniscule weaves were unwound!

As you can see, it was truly awesome.

2 comments:

Heather Brandon said...

I loved Phoebe's hair when it was braided. Do it again! I wanted my hair done when I was a young teen, Bo Derek looked great with hers! Oh, and by the way, I hate poison ivy,too. None of my children are allergic to it, but Ron & I sure are. There is this wonderful little herb that always grows where pi does. It is called jewelweed and it is the cure for the p i itch. Hannah has made lots of tinctures of it, Ron & I had to use it a few weeks ago, as we got it on our arms. It immediately took away the itch, FOREVER. Look up a picture of it, it has a pretty flower. I don't know if it is blooming right now, but you can study it's leaves & maybe find it that way. Just bruise the plant leaf & rub it on your rash.

Anonymous said...

Way cool hair!

Christy R.