Sunday, July 19, 2009

Thank you, Captain Obvious!

Lee, Ben, and I were watching one of the old Herbie movies. I really have no idea which, so don't ask.

Anyway, the girl in the movie starts saying things to the guy, (he was being a complete jerk,) like, "you are the worst man I've ever known; I can't believe you would do a thing like that," etc., etc.

After quite a few such sentences, Lee looks up at me and says, "Auntie Katie, she's saying she doesn't like him very much!"

Yep, that's what she's saying, alright.

And then later on the girl is throwing glass things at the guy... lots of things, and yelling insults between every article shattering on the door he's ducking behind. Lee pokes me and says, "I think she wants him to leave."

Lee, darling, you are going to have one lucky wife. Not all boys can read women at seven years old, but you obviously are gifted. Use this gift wisely, and it will bring you much happiness.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Herbie Goes To Monte Carlo. No, I'm not a Herbie expert. What are the chances that it would be one of the two Herbie movies that I saw three years ago?

Katie Larissa said...

you are correct! Wow, that was pretty good for three years later, even if you've only seen two.

Anonymous said...

Right on.