Friday, July 17, 2009

I love you more than dr. pepper and apple pie.

Today, July 17th, is my sister's birthday. Laura's. And I'm not going to embarrass her by going on and on about her good qualities. But I'll mention my favorites.

She's a wonderful mama who knows just how to soothe heart bumps and knee bumps. (Lots of knee bumps!) She's my confidante, my friend, my champion in certain situations, she isn't afraid to tell me when I've snarled everything up, and then goes the extra mile to help me fix it. She's my fashion adviser, and is never too busy to tell me that I just can't wear that skirt with that shirt. Most importantly, she is becoming more and more of a spiritual encourager for me and everyone around her, and I am so thankful for her testimony and influence.


Happy Birthday, Laura. I love you tons and tons.


p.s. How old is she? Do I look stupid? Did I mention that she lives right next door to me and knows where I sleep at night?

2 comments:

Lolly said...

Most very sweet, my dearest and sweetest! I love you too - and it's okay to tell people that I turned 21 today - I'm not embarassed by that whole age stuff.

Katie Larissa said...

Cough, cough...21! right. absolutely.